Friday, May 20, 2011

My cousin Crisie graduated from college on May 7th, and she is studying to be a chef! Of course, everyone enjoys going to visit because Crisie is, naturally, an excellent chef. Anyway, Crisie posted a photo of one of her final practicals, a beautiful raspberry cheesecake with a pineapple, apricot, and macadamia nut compote. Here is a picture:


Photo courtesy of Crisie

After seeing the photo of her beautiful cheesecake, I wanted to try to make a tiny one on my own.





It's definitely more of a nod to her cheesecake than a miniature replica, but I love it either way. I think the leaf detail really makes it recognizable as Crisie's dessert. :)
Congratulations, Crisie! We are so proud of you.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely blog you have :) I added you here: https://sites.google.com/site/allaboutdeco/people-blogs If you want you can also check the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your clay miniatures look great! I'm jealous of Crissie...I wish I had the ambition to go to culinary school somewhere, I'd love to be able to cook ultra fancy stuff, perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats to your cousin!! :D :D i'd like to go to chef school... unfortunately, i can't afford it :((( nice replica btw! SO CUTE :D

    ReplyDelete